- Transparency Seal
- Contractor's Licensing and Registration
- Overseas Contractors Registration
- Constructors Performance Evaluators Accreditation
- Construction Arbitration/Mediation
- Contact Us
1. What is the Construction Industry Authority of the Philippines (CIAP)?
CIAP is an attached agency of the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), created by then-President Ferdinand Marcos through Presidential Decree No. 1746 (P.D. No. 1746), as amended by Executive Order Nos. 679 and 768. The CIAP is designed to promote, accelerate, and regulate the growth and development of the construction industry.
2: What is CIAP Document 102?
CIAP Document 102 is titled the "Uniform General Conditions of Contract for Private Construction." It incorporates prevailing industry best practices so that it may contribute to the enhancement of fair contractual relationships in the construction industry.
3. Does CIAP Document 102 apply to all construction contracts?
No, it only applies to contracts for private construction. A separate document, CIAP Document 101, titled "General Conditions of Contract for Government Construction," applies to public contracts/contracts with the government.