- Transparency Seal
- Contractor's Licensing and Registration
- Overseas Contractors Registration
- Constructors Performance Evaluators Accreditation
- Construction Arbitration/Mediation
- Contact Us
SECTION X - OWNER'S REPRESENTATIVE
1. Who may be allowed to be a Representative of the Owner?
The Owner's Representative shall either be the Architect, the Engineer, Construction Manager or other person designated by the Owner as the Owner's Representative.
2. When should the Owner give the notice of appointment?
At the time of the Notice to Proceed or anytime thereafter.
3. When can the Owner's Representative's authority be deemed full and unqualified?
When the Owner does not notify the Contractor in writing the limits of authority of the Owner's Representative.
4. What if there is no written communication by the Owner to the Contractor notifying the latter of the designation of a particular person as Owner's Representative?
• The Architect shall perform the functions and have the authority of the Owner's Representative if the project involves construction of a building.
• The Engineer shall perform the functions and have the authority of the Owner's Representative if the project involves construction of an engineering structure, other than a building, or the construction of a building if it constitutes only minor portion of the project.
5. What are the other functions of an Owner's Representative?
He shall also perform the function of a Construction Manager unless the Owner designates another person as Construction Manager. If the Owner designates another person as Construction Manager and define his functions, those functions of a Construction Manager not delegated to the latter shall be performed by the Owner's representative.
6. To whom should communications to the Owner be coursed through?
Notwithstanding the designation by the Owner of an Architect, Engineer and/or Construction Manager, communications between the Contractor and the Owner shall be made only through the Owner's representative.